Advantage Rehabilitation Consultants has been providing experienced Medical and Vocational Rehabilitation, Occupational Therapy and Case Management services to a variety of insurance companies throughout Canada since 1997. We provide services to MVA, LTD and workplace insurers. Our experienced staff make solid, common sense recommendations to assist your clients in their recovery, rehabilitation and return to work. We also have staff who are fluent in both French and Spanish.
Our staff consult with you, your client, and other stakeholders, to provide thorough, well grounded assessments and realistic plans to achieve optimal, timely and cost effective outcomes for your client. We custom design each rehabilitation program to ensure it meets the client’s and the insurer’s specific needs. We are a Nova Scotia based company with staff in Cape Breton as well as on the mainland and we service all four Atlantic Provinces. With years of experience and networking, Advantage has built a good working relationship with local MDs, specialists and other healthcare providers as well as unions and HR departments. Being centrally located to the areas we serve, we have an ongoing communication with service providers and knowledge of their distinct services; Advantage draws appropriately from its resources to benefit its clients.
Our Vocational and OT Services for Insurers include:
- Discharge Planning
- Initial and/or Rehabilitation Assessment.
- Job Site Analysis (JSA)
- Cognitive Demands Analysis (CDA) and/or Physical Demands Analysis (PDA)
- Ergonomic Assessments and Workstation Assessments
- Transferable Skills Analysis (TSA), Labour Market Analysis and Employability Assessments
- Vocational Counselling and pre employment Counselling.
- Job skills training
- Job placement and coaching
- Case Management through return to work
- Cognitive Rehabilitation Services for individuals with Traumatic Brain Injury
- Wheelchair/Seating Assessments
- In-Home Functional Assessments, both home and ADL assessments